Listen to this article
Code Editors/Text Editors
Whether you're taking notes, coding, or writing markdown, a good text editor is a part of our daily lives!
- Atom: A text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core. One of our favorites!
- Sublime Text: A sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose with great performance.
- Notepad++: A free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
- Visual Studio Code: Code editing redefined and optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
- TextMate: A code and markup editor for OS X.
- Coda 2: A fast, clean, and powerful text editor for OS X.
- WebStorm: Lightweight yet powerful IDE, perfectly equipped for complex client-side development and server-side development with Node.js.
- Vim: A highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text editing.
- Emacs: An extensible, customizable text editor with built-in functions to aid in quick modifications of text and code.
- Dreamweaver: Not your typical code editor, however, Dreamweaver can be used to write code and build websites through a visual interface. Learn more in this simple Dreamweaver tutorial.
- SpaceMacs: A text editor design to operate in both Emacs and Vim editor modes.